6 Tips for Cooking CBD with Confidence
CBD Oil Isolate, found in our Crystall CBD Oil Collection, is organic and has no flavor so it’s a great ingredient to start mixing into plenty of different CBD recipes out there. Below are quick tips to help make your Chef CBD experience a pleasant one. An example recipe courtesy “food editor” is also listed below for you to attempt when interested in adding Cannabidiol to your diet.
Cooking CBD with Confidence
1. Start with small quantities to get a better idea of how you like it and slowly figure out your tolerance level.
2. Pick a CBD oil tincture to fit your level of CBD experience. If you have only recently joined the CBD Movement then we suggest you start with lower doses using CBD oil that’s lower potency.
3. Split batches into 2 halves to help avoid any oil being wasted.
4. For recipes that you’d prefer less lingering aftertaste and bitter flavor be sure to pick a more refined CBD oil
5. For recipes that include ingredients with big, bold flavors you can opt for less-refined CBD oils since they will help disguise the test.
6. Just like any recipe, when you are cooking it’s important to pay close attention to the temperature. Control the heat and cook at low temperatures to increase the number of benefits preserved. CBD oil should be heated between 320 to 356 degrees Fahrenheit. Think of it like wanting to retain the nutrients found in your vegetables by no overcooking with too high of heat.
CBD Chocolate Latte Recipe
- 1 cup unsweetened plant-based milk of choice
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- Flavorings of choice (a splash of rose water, sprinkle of cinnamon and cayenne, a pinch of cardamom, a dash of culinary lavender, ground to a fine powder)
- 1 dropperful neutral-flavored CBD oil (Crystall Isolated Collection)
- Combine all ingredients except CBD in a small pot.
- Bring just to simmer over medium heat, whisking to break up any clumps.
- When it just simmers, remove from heat and whisk in CBD.
- Pour into a mug or over ice. Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of mindbodygreen.com